Thursday, March 3, 2011

trains trains trains


No city dweller should ever be able to say the train is not a mode of transportation for them.  A bus is no different, in most ways, than a train but I can see the arguments against buses namely for a person like me, I have to pay attention to the stops in order to tell my driver where I would like to go (or be a city like Ft. Worth has multiple buses with the same number ).  Trains, they have nice color coded maps for the travel route and friendly (should just be automated to never have a chance of un-friendly) voices to tell you the names of each stop on the way.  Takes the guess work out so I can enjoy my jack and cola in my cup without worrying to pay attention where I am headed (or know when to hold my cup tight so that a stop doesn’t jerk it out of my hand like the brakes on a bus).  Trains go to the places people want to go.  American Airlines Center.  Cityplace.  Carrollton.  Okay, no one wants to GO to Carrollton but some unfortunate souls have to live there and commute elsewhere so it is a bonus city stop.  Trains run on the weekends.  Trains run the length of the metroplex.  Just don’t ask the trains to run when it is snowing because, well, trains just can’t handle that kind of situation pretty much just like the drivers here.  If we as citizens rode trains do you know how far train technology would be.  We could be like our Japanese counter parts flying around the country going 700 mph, enjoying snacks and a beer from the snack bar.  That would at least dull the knowledge of the impending doom that is the end of your train trip to visit your in-laws in Kansas and would cut down on travel related homicides that continue to climb ever year (or at least my desire increases and I usually take me as the only percentage of a situation that truly matters).  Warren Buffet seems to think that trains are still vital cogs of our system.  His 5 billion dollar investment is a good nod to the importance of lower our shipping expenses and getting non-qualified (my words not real statistics but I’m sure they are available) disel truck drivers off the road and away from running me over.  Go trains and go our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment