Monday, August 8, 2011

Please don't go out of your way to remember me on your birthday, but try still to remember me


Maybe it is peculiar that I do not have my birthday listed on my facebook page.  Maybe my ideas of people I don’t speak to sending me a message on the magical day of my birth are out of the ordinary.  But even Kaczynski liked to have love thrown his way once in a while.  It doesn’t haven’t to be a designated day.  It could be a Tuesday in March or a Friday in September.  I don’t need a card (unless it is one of those super snarky ones in which case, please send them too.  I want to steal that idea but I need some more ideas) just “a hey cracker, how you doing?  I know you’ve had some changes in your life this last calendar year as well as I but you know what, this one out of 365 I want you to know that for a brief few moments, you were on my mind and I hope that your direction is going well.”  It is, to answer the question.  My life has a great direction and it is forward.  I will not think about this tomorrow or the next day after that.  It is as anything, another blip on the radar.  Just a sliver of a moment in life.  But I will have to catalogue the proceedings in my ever increasing jar of knowledge that leads me to find that I know nothing at all.  And remember that when you treat me like an alien, then you’ll know why all I ever want to do is go home.  Home is safe.  Home is comfortable.  Home is where family is built and re-built.  Where people know that your quirks make you your own.  Not an outcast.  Not a weirdo.  Just a human, flesh and blood, with feelings.  I am not immune.

No comments:

Post a Comment