Monday, August 15, 2011

Do I know more now than I did yesterday?


TV is not bad for you.  The commercials, the advertisements.  That is where the trouble lies.  Sure, no one is going to do much progressing from watching six straight hours of Burn Notice but it isn’t going to steal your plans for a time travel machine from your neurons.  Maybe I should start sitting closer to the TV then too.  Maybe everything I was taught takes place on opposite day.  Eerie Indiana style.
Bars are for sluts and whores.  This one is pretty accurate in which case, I try to spend as much time there as possible.  Oh dear, someone is using their naughty parts to feel some pleasure.  Such a horrible thing.  Maybe we should stop that.  Put some laws intruding on our personal freedoms and not let 15 year olds buy titties magazines in the gas station but ensure there are a dozen video game shops around that sells blood and guts in a neatly wrapped package with a little letter on the front.  Buyer beware.  There is a ratings letter on the front to tell you what is the what’s in the game.   Everyone reads those labels like they read directions for putting together a desk.
Spelling is essential.  Now this one, I can still climb on board with at least in the sense that spelling is a plus to have but if you don’t have it, then how about use every program that you type in now that has a spell check of its own.  Even better, abbreviate as many words as possible so there is no real spelling.  Phone companies invent tiny keyboards my fingers will not fit on well then, what else am I suppose to do?  I’m lucky if any of my text messages make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment